Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > Maxisys locks up on bootup
Maxisys locks up on bootup

7840 Views 17 Replies Latest reply: 2015-05-01 23:03:38

•   Level 2   
    (49) points
    Lonnie
    2015-04-18 08:22:00
     Need help please. My Maxisys locks up when I try to boot it up. I hold the power button down and get it to restart but still never boots up. I have let the battery run down to get it to turn off but still to no avail. Unfortunately my subscription has expired. Is there a way to download the OS and reload it if it won't start up?

•   Level 6   
    (712) points
    Screechie

2015-04-19 03:45:55 (Reply to:Lonnie)

Do you have an external sd card in the slot? If so please remove it and try again.

•   Level 2   
    (49) points
    Lonnie
    2015-04-19 06:09:11 (Reply to:Screechie)
     No cards in the slots.

•   Level 6   
    (712) points
    Screechie

2015-04-19 14:56:51 (Reply to:Lonnie)

What happened before it started to lock up were you using it as a usb storage and not
    unmount it properly? Try to connect it to a pc via usb and see if you can see the
    contents of the sdd.

•   Level 2   
    (49) points
    Lonnie
    2015-04-19 16:13:55 (Reply to:Screechie)
     It has never been hooked up to a computer nor had a sd card in the slot before this happened. Not exactly sure what I was doing with it before I last shut it down. Either working on a car or checking for program updates. My DS lets me download program updates even though the subscription is expired. It told me I had the latest version on it and never tried to download anything.

I tried hooking it up to my PC with the usb cable but does not show any contents of the sdd. It recognizes it as a removable storage device but shows nothing in it. I was hoping I could get into that way.

I don't have a sd card that small but was wondering about getting one, plugging it in and try to boot it that way to see if it would do anything different. What about trying to load something like Norton on the card to try and access the system file and possibly fix it?

•   Level 6   
    (712) points
    Screechie

2015-04-20 05:28:38 (Reply to:Lonnie)

It seems you have lost all the files on the ssd, do you see the Maxisys logo while its
    trying to boot up

•   Level 6   
    (712) points
    Screechie

2015-04-20 05:42:36 (Reply to:Lonnie)

I don't believe putting a card in the slot will help when the tool is working properly a
    card usually cause a minor problem, also trying to run norton may not help either
    because there are no files to repair, let me know if you see the logo while trying to boot
    up.

•   Level 2   
    (49) points
    Lonnie
    2015-04-20 06:09:08 (Reply to:Screechie)
     The Maxisys logo does appear. It comes on, goes off, comes back on, the white lettering on the bottom goes off and scrolls back on and the Maxisys lettering has yellow? scrolling across it then it hangs. This is normal except hanging up when my Maxisys starts up.

•   Level 6   
    (435) points
    mitch

2015-04-20 08:49:15 (Reply to:Lonnie)

I don't think you will be able to fix it yourself it will probably have to go in for repairs. That basically means you will have to buy a subscription then send in for warranty and they will sell you a new unit for $499. A good place to buy the subscription would be http://www.aeswave.com/ms908-Total-Care-Program-Subscription-for-1-yr-p9324.html. They sell it for less then you will get it on autels site.

•   Level 2   
    (49) points
    Lonnie
    2015-04-20 09:37:00 (Reply to:mitch)
     That's what I am worried about. Do you get a new unit or a refurbished one? With the cost of the update and repair not too much difference in just getting a new one. I've checked out AESWAVE. They do have a pretty good price on the update.
  Total2 Pages